03 Jun Taking care of staff – our new Medicash Plan
Earlier this year we announced to staff that, as a part of our on-going commitment to everyone’s health and well-being, all Headland employees will benefit from Medicash, a Cash Plan health insurance program.
This plan reimburses employees for healthcare expenses which fall outside of the NHS and do not require a GP referral. Employees can now to claim benefits on a variety of services including:
- Unlimited access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which provides support, guidance & counselling on issues relating to stress, finance or bereavement & up to 8 face to face sessions if required.
- Routine NHS & Private dental check-ups, hygienist, fillings, crowns & bridges.
- Eye exams, optical care and eye tests
- Physiotherapy and chiropractor costs associated with the pain management of any current or reoccurring conditions.
- Alternative therapies including Reiki, homeopathy and allergy testing.
- Prescriptions, inoculations and flu jabs
Additionally, spouses & partners can be added at the cost of £11.50 per month for the same coverage AND free cover is provided for up to four children at no extra cost. Claims are submitted either online or via an app making it easier for staff to submit claims when in the field without access to a computer.
Headland decided to provide this to our staff because we recognised not only is everyday health costly, but also that our work can be both mentally and physically demanding; people can always do with a little extra support.
Since we introduced the policy we have seen several staff make use of it from various offices throughout the company, one had the following to say:
“Having this insurance policy has been very convenient for me, as I recently decided to pursue getting an elective surgical procedure; the Medicash policy has helped me pay for some of my initial private consultation fees as I cannot get the surgery through the NHS.”