Location: Headland Midlands & West – Hereford or Headland South & East – Silsoe
Closing Date: 6th April 2020
Salary: £30,600–£40,000 depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Application Ref: MWMAR20MGR / SEMAR20MGR
As a company that has just joined up with a major Environmental and Engineering consultancy (RSK), we are looking to recruit career-minded archaeologists at Project Manager level to join our teams in our Midlands and West (Hereford) and South and East (Silsoe) offices.
Are you someone who:
· is self driven with a positive outlook and good understanding of British Archaeology?
· will be able to sell our services to new clients and help develop existing commercial relationships?
· is prepared to work as part of a team to push forward new ideas and promote new ways of working?
· can motivate teams to deliver projects to programme and budget?
· wants to develop your career in a forward looking company that invests in innovation?
· wants to broaden your skills in managing the commercial aspects of projects as well as archaeology?
If so, Headland Archaeology is the place to further your career.
As a commercial company there is plenty of scope to utilise existing skills, discover new ones and develop strengths you perhaps didn’t realise you had. You will encounter numerous opportunities for personal development and promotion. But that is not all, with a proactive post-excavation department we are producing a growing number of monographs and other peer reviewed publications every year; our dedicated training team (CIfA accredited) will help support your projects and RSK provides a wealth of opportunity to broaden the range and nature of the experience enjoyed by our staff.
The position will involve preparation of tenders and the running of both field and office-based projects. You will be expected to use your archaeological experience to advise clients and to support colleagues as projects progress.
The successful candidates should expect to receive from Headland:
· Continuous support from a proactive and approachable senior management team
· Role specific and other related management training.
· Periodic discretionary additional payments by way of company bonus schemes
Other benefits include:
· A monthly clothing allowance
· Contribution to pension scheme
· Paid subsistence and accommodation for away work
· Support joining CIfA and membership fees whilst working for us.
· Medicash insurance
· Death in service benefit
The following criteria are essential:
· A desire to learn, develop and lead
· Detailed experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeology and planning legislation
· Full Clean driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
· Degree level education or higher in a relevant subject
· A demonstrable portfolio of reports
· Excellent organisational skills
· Use of Microsoft Office packages
· Ability to use own initiative
The following criteria are desirable:
· Current CSCS card (preferably PQP or AQP)
· A publication track record
· Willingness to work and be based away from home on major projects within the British Isles (and possibly further afield).
· Membership of the CIfA
In the first instance please send an application quoting reference MWMAR20MGR (Hereford) or SEMAR20MGR (Silsoe) to email@example.com. (Informal inquiries concerning the role can be made to Luke Craddock-Bennett (Hereford – 01432 364 907) or Michael Tierney (Silsoe – 01525 861 578). Applications must include a short cover letter or email, an up to date CV – including bibliography of publications, and the contact details of at least two referees. If you do not meet all the essential criteria we may still consider you for this position but please could you let us know your willingness to be considered for a Senior Archaeologist’s role, working towards this position.
For information about our various offices and the company as a whole – see https://www.headlandarchaeology.com/Careers/careers.html
Also check us out on:
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/company/headland-archaeology-uk-ltd