Salary range: £45K-£55K DOE
Contract Type: Fixed term 12-18month contract, full time 37.5h/w
Closing date: 21/11/2019
Job ref: FM19
Are you an ambitious, accomplished finance professional with experience in transitional management?
We’re looking to recruit a confident, highly-skilled Finance Manager, with commercial acumen and strong technical accounting knowledge, to join Headland’s business management team. The position will be contracted on an initial 12 to 18-month engagement with a view to lead to permanent senior role within our business.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced contractor looking for their next interim opportunity.
We are a leading archaeological company, providing heritage services to the development and construction sectors. With head-quarters in Edinburgh and 4 more offices in England, we offer our employees:
- Unique knowledge and expertise. For more than 20 years, Headland has provided not only business-focused archaeology but also people-focused business, highly respected within our industry for our achievements and expertise
- Strong pioneering spirit. Our corporate culture is characterised by a healthy appetite for originality and development
- Stable company with excellent growth. Over the years, we have demonstrated steady, positive economic development and formed successful partnerships
- Good work environment. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues who are pleasant, professional and enthusiastic about their work
- Opportunity to influence. You get to work in an open climate, close to decision makers and with the possibility of making a difference
This commercial position is a key role in finance, but also in the surrounding business. As Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and driving the transitional management strategy while ensuring its successful implementation.
- Overall responsibility for company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems, while driving the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices
- Ensure that company financial systems and practices are robust, compliant and support current activities sufficiently
- Prepare and provide high level analytical review on management accounts on monthly basis and detailed quarterly review
- Attend senior management meetings, present finances and provide guidance
- Deliver turnover forecasts and budgets as required, with a commentary to support numbers
- Monitor and forecast cash flows
- Complete VAT returns
- Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout
- Drive finance and accounting transition by migrating, improving and optimizing the finance process into a new environment
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate a team to meet deadlines
- Qualified accountant with membership of a CCAB (CIPFA/ACCA/CIMA/ICAS) professional accounting body combined with substantial knowledge, skills and competencies gained through experience
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to review system issues, diagnose root cause, impact and offer advice on solutions along with the ability to critically evaluate business processes and propose alternative solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a proven ability to articulate financial requirements effectively to non-financial stakeholders as well as writing guidance and procedural documentation for operational team use
- Well organised, delivery focussed and able to work on own initiative
- Strong Excel skills
- A “team player”, consistently modelling positive, collaborative behaviours, with a “can-do” attitude
- Have the ability to manage a complex workload with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
- Experience of data analysis, interpretation, reconciliation and presentation
Why Should You Apply?
- You want to be part of a cutting-edge, innovative business and engage in promoting a commercial finance mindset to our teams
- We work hard to create an environment where our people feel valued, respected, motivated and enjoy their work
- We strive to be the best at what we do and work together for our development
- We offer annual profit discretionary bonus & performance-related bonus schemes
- Health support scheme
Previous experience of operating in an SME environment or within the heritage/construction industry is desired, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a continuously evolving environment.
We want commercial finance to be part of everything we do. Do you share our vision? If the answer is YES, then send your CV and a short covering letter by email quoting reference FM19 to email@example.com
If you want to discuss the role further, contact the Director of People and Business Services Marilily Pierri at firstname.lastname@example.org