Location: Based at one of our offices (Edinburgh, Leeds, Luton, Hereford), will require travel around UK
Closing Date: 29 September 2019
Salary range: £24,000 – £26,000 depending on experience
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Job ref: LDTO
Passionate about developing and delivering high quality training to diverse audiences? Committed to developing innovative and engaging learning programmes which make a real difference to people’s practice? Headland Archaeology is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and experienced learning and development practitioner to join our team.
We are a leading archaeological company, providing heritage services to the development and construction sectors. With head-quarters in Edinburgh and 4 more offices in England, we offer our employees:
- Unique knowledge and expertise. For more than 20 years, Headland has provided not only business-focused archeology but also people-focused business, and we’re highly respected within our industry for our achievements and expertise.
- Strong pioneering spirit. Our corporate culture is characterised by a healthy appetite for originality and development.
- Stable company with excellent growth. Over the years, Headland has demonstrated steady, positive economic development and formed successful partnerships.
- Good work environment. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues who are pleasant, professional and enthusiastic about their work.
- Opportunity to influence. You get to work in an open climate, close to decision makers and with the possibility of making a difference.
The Company: We have been highly commended for our Modular Training Scheme, we participate in forums, succeed in partnerships and we are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- We work hard to create an environment where our people feel valued, respected, motivated and enjoy their work.
- We strive to be the best at what we do.
The L&D Training Officer role offers a unique opportunity to be part of our training & learning strategy and have an impact on commercial archaeology in the UK. You will ideally have four years’ experience in commercial archaeology, and you are confident to build relationships on all levels across the company.
The post will involve being part of a small team planning and delivering training throughout the company. The Training Officer will support the Learning and Development Coordinator in creating training materials and then delivering them to teams. This would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced heritage professional with previous teaching/training experience.
- We offer annual profit-related bonus & performance-related bonus schemes
- We also offer paid travel time and time off in lieu for time worked above standard hours.
- Opportunity to travel as part of your role
- Health support scheme
- Over 4 years UK archaeological field experience
- Self-motivated and organised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel regularly, undertake periods of away working and possess a clean driving license
- Passionate about learning and development of our employees
- Comfortable and proficient in public speaking
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite
- Previous experience in a teaching or training environment
- Professional membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) and/or other appropriate professional body (ie CIPD) is desirable
- Degree level education is desirable
- Deliver our training modules to employees on-site or off-site
- Maintenance and creation (or co-ordination) of training modules
- Maintenance of training records database, training matrix and paper archive
- Delivery and/or co-ordination of presentations, talks and workshops
- Undertake feedback and assessment of project training requirements
- Help with co-ordination of trainee positions
- Provide ad-hoc support to the L&D team
Why Should You Apply?
- You want to be part of a cutting-edge training programme and engage in promoting a training culture
- Pay, bonus scheme & great benefits
- Opportunities for the on-the-job training
We want Learning & Development to be part of everything we do. Do you share our vision? If the answer is YES, then send your CV and a covering letter by email quoting reference LDTO to email@example.com. If you want to discuss the role further, contact Marilily Pierri at firstname.lastname@example.org