Salary: from £28,200 to £30,845 (depending on experience) + generous benefits package
Hours: Full time, 37.5h/week
Locations: Role will be UK wide with travel, but preferred office/home-based location Midland and East Anglia
Contract Type: Full time – Permanent
Closing Date: 24th November 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we may fill existing vacancies before the closing date, so you are advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Why Should You Apply?
We are a privately owned archaeological business, part of the RSK Group, a leader in integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services. We provide heritage services to the development and construction sectors in UK and across the world. With four offices in England and one in Scotland, we offer our employees:
- Unique knowledge and expertise. For more than 20 years, Headland has provided not only business-focused archaeology but also people-focused business. We are highly respected within our industry for our achievements in innovation, tailor-made development coaching and training, and our expertise in commercial archaeology.
- Strong pioneering spirit. Our corporate culture is characterised by a healthy appetite for originality and development.
- Stable company with excellent growth. Over the years, we have demonstrated steady, positive economic development and formed successful partnerships.
- Good work environment. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are pleasant, professional, and enthusiastic about their work.
- Opportunity to influence. You get to work in an open climate, close to decision makers and with the possibility of making a difference.
- Part of RSK group. You will have further opportunities to become involved in nationally and internationally prominent projects with exciting prospects for career development. The group has c.12000 employees and c.200 environmentally lead companies.
As Health & Safety Advisor for the company, your knowledge and experience in dealing with day-to-day Health & Safety/client related matters will be crucial. You will be supported by Headlands SHEQ Manager but assisting with the smooth running of multiple projects, you would be required to carry out approx. 3 days per weeks doing site visits and 2 office/home day to assist with meetings and admin. Below is a list of some of the duties you will be expected to carry out:
- Weekly site inspections for each site location using IAuditor.
- Taking ownership of NMPI register for the site and collecting reports from staff on a weekly basis, as well as submitting your own.
- Ensuring that Site specific RAMS are written and available before new sites start, these can last a few days, but in some cases last a few weeks.
- Carrying out detailed accident/incident investigations promptly.
- Attend weekly meetings with the SHEQ manager and other persons who require assistance.
- Carrying out monthly TBT/training online for all staff.
- Carrying out fire evacuation drills and chemical spill drills annually for offices.
- Interaction with all Headland site staff daily and being the go-to person for any SHEQ related issues, information or assistance.
- Ensure that environmental audits are carried out and all environmental activities are closely monitored, including permits to pump, dust suppression and all ecological factors are taken into account.
You must have the following essential criteria:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- Experience – Some onsite (muddy boot experience) as a H&S advisor (Groundworks/Civil engineering preferred) but not essential.
- H&S and Environment audit experience
- Valid CSCS card
- IOSH Membership (TECH Associate or above)
- Preferably a clean and valid UK driving license
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Excel and word
- NEBOSH Construction
- NEBOSH Environment
- NEBOSH Diploma or Level 5 equivalent
- Temp works
- First Aid
Benefits we offer you:
- Competitive paid subsistence when applicable
- Paid accommodation when applicable
- Use of cutting edge technology on site, e.g. paperless systems, iPads etc.
- Ongoing regular training in various areas e.g. Health & Safety, Technical areas and Transferable skills
- Time off in lieu for time worked above standard hours or overtime paid
- Annual profit discretionary bonus & performance-related bonus schemes
- Monthly clothing allowance
- 28 days annual leave, rising based on service length
- Extra annual leave purchase scheme
- 5%-6% employer contribution to pension scheme
- Income Protection Policy, after a year with Headland
- Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 4 times your annual salary, after a year with Headland
- Regular performance, wellbeing & professional development check-ins
- Referral scheme with generous fee
- A support group of 30+ Mental Health First Aiders
- Regular offers through RSK Group (e.g. Tastecard, Gym membership discount, Holidays and Entertainment)
- Health support scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice on finance, mental health etc)
- Paid CIfA membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Being part of RSK Group
How to apply
You must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to your commencement.
Headland is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.