IT Operations Manager
Salary: £38,003 – £48,571 depending on experience and skills
Hours: Full time, 37.5h/week
Location: Edinburgh – flexible working from home available. Regular travel to other locations across the UK.
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 21/05/2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we may fill existing vacancies before the closing date, so you are advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Why Should You Apply?
We are a privately owned commercial archaeology business, part of the RSK Group, a leader in integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services. We provide heritage services to the development and construction sectors in UK and across the world. With four offices in England and one in Scotland, we offer our employees:
- Unique knowledge and expertise. For more than 25 years, Headland has provided not only business-focused archaeology but also people-focused business. We are highly respected within our industry for our achievements in innovation, tailor-made development coaching and training, and our expertise in commercial archaeology.
- Strong pioneering spirit. Our corporate culture is characterised by a healthy appetite for originality and development.
- Stable company with excellent growth. Over the years, we have demonstrated steady, positive economic development and formed successful partnerships.
- Good work environment. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are pleasant, professional, and enthusiastic about their work.
- Opportunity to influence. You get to work in an open climate, close to decision makers and with the possibility of making a difference.
- Part of RSK group. You will have further opportunities to become involved in nationally and internationally prominent projects with exciting prospects for career development. The group has over c.12000 employees and c.170 environmentally lead companies.
We are looking to appoint a full-time IT Operations Manager to join us in our Edinburgh office. You will be responsible for delivering successfully end-to-end operational services, improving the quality of IT support, strengthening our IT procedures and systems and implementing the long-term strategic IT agenda for the organisation. The role will be based in our Head Office in Edinburgh, with a mix of home and office working expected. You’ll make regular site visits to our four other UK offices and occasionally to project sites.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating IT support with our in-house team, our MSP and other IT partners and vendors.
- Managing IT change projects, including server replacements, business software upgrades and migrations and process improvements.
- Strengthening our IT and cyber security policies and procedures to match industry best practice, including seeking appropriate organisational certifications.
- Prepare and manage IT budgets and annual plans.
- Provide IT and cyber security documentation as required by active or potential clients and partners.
- Manage the IT helpdesk and ensure it meets service level targets, and help improve IT support to our staff based on-site in challenging working environments.
- Oversee IT equipment procurement, deployment and maintenance.
- Seek opportunities for our staff to better help themselves with IT issues, with training, procedures and systems.
- Monitor key network, server and cloud systems and clearly communicate issues and upcoming maintenance.
- Oversee regular data housekeeping and data migration projects.
- Oversee key systems including Microsoft 365, Azure and Deltek PIM.
- Use your experience to contribute to more complex IT requests such as bespoke software tools, novel data processing and AI.
- Line manage a direct report in IT team.
We are looking for someone who is well organised, has a keen eye for detail and the drive to see things through. You should be comfortable managing and developing a small team. You will also be skilled at managing complex IT change projects with multiple stakeholders including scoping, consultation, planning, execution and review.
You will ensure our teams feel well supported with IT systems, equipment and support. This will be more challenging but also more interesting when working with our site-based archaeology teams. Experience of working with remote and field-based staff is essential. The role would suit somebody who is genuine, enthusiastic, curious about how different people and teams work and able to help tune our IT support around this.
As a commercial company there is plenty of scope to utilise existing skills, discover new ones and develop your strengths. You will encounter numerous opportunities for personal development and growth within Headland and RSK Group.
- Experience in managing an IT team for a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience in managing complex IT projects.
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating experience of working effectively with remote and field-based staff.
- You must be able to give examples of preparing corporate IT policies and procedures and delivering training.
- Experience with Microsoft 365, including system administration, working with Teams, SharePoint and Planner and advanced knowledge of Office apps.
- Familiar with managing Azure services, including databases, networking and security.
- You must have a robust understanding of managing cyber security in a business environment.
- Experience of Mobile Device Management tools such as Microsoft InTune or similar, including experience of managing iOS and Android devices.
- Relevant IT certifications and experience
- Working with Deltek PIM
- Experience with GIS and a working knowledge of database design principles are very desirable.
- Driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles in UK
Benefits we offer you:
- Leadership and management training and workshops
- 33 days annual leave, rising based on service length
- Extra annual leave purchase scheme
- 5%-6% employer contribution to pension scheme
- Annual profit discretionary bonus, T&Cs apply
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Income Protection Policy, after a year with Headland
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice on finance, mental health etc)
- Health support scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Referral Scheme for new employees you introduce to us
- Regular offers through RSK Group (e.g. Tastecard, Gym discount, Holidays and Entertainment)
Your contractual place of work will be our Edinburgh office and you will be expected to report there in person. The IT Manager reports to the Director of People and Business Services.
How to apply
You must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to your commencement.
Send CV and a short personal statement letter (up to one A4 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ITOM0523. Postal applications will not be accepted. Informal inquiries concerning the role can be made to Marilily Pierri, Director of People and Business Services (email@example.com).
Headland is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.